15th HiRSE Seminar
On April 26, 2023, 2pm, Christian Meeßen from GFZ Potsdam will restart the HiRSE Seminar after the Easter break with his talk on Increasing the visibility of Research Software: the Helmholtz Research Software Directory.
Abstract: Research Software is ubiquitous in science, but despite it’s crucial role, it has received little acknowledgement in academia. HIFIS wants to increase awareness about the importance of research software, and has launched the Research Software Directory (RSD). The RSD provides Research Software Engineers a platform to present their software in an academic context and demonstrate the impact their software has in science. Researchers on the other hand can discover software in their research field and get in touch with the developers. The Helmholtz RSD is open to all Helmholtz associates, and is collaboratively developed by HIFIS and the Netherlands eScience Center.
The talk will be held online. The connection details will be posted here:
- HiRSE_PS-internal HiRSE Mattermost channel,
- HIFIS Mattermost channel,
- Helmholtz Open Science Mattermost Channel
- FZJ-internal #rse Rocket.Chat channel,
- de-RSE mailing list and de-RSE Mattermost channel,
- Helmholtz Open Science Pro Mailinglist
- RSE mailing lists of the HiRSE partners (if any).