19th HiRSE Seminar
On September 18, 2023, 2pm, Anna-Lena Lamprecht from the Institute of Computer Science, University of Potsdam will restart the HiRSE Seminar after the summer break with her talk on Research Software, Software Research, and more.
Abstract: In today’s research landscape, research software and Research Software Engineering (RSE) play pivotal roles, and receive increasing recognition within the scientific community. Additionally, there is a growing interest in researching RSE practices themselves, aiming to better understand software development processes in science and enhance them.
In this talk I take a closer look at the interconnection of research software, research software engineering, software research, software engineering research, RSE research, an more. I provide an overview of RSE research topics and initiatives, offering insights into this evolving field and presenting opportunities for involvement.
The talk will be held online. The connection details will be posted here:
- HiRSE_PS-internal HiRSE Mattermost channel,
- HIFIS Mattermost channel,
- Helmholtz Open Science Mattermost Channel
- FZJ-internal #rse Rocket.Chat channel,
- de-RSE mailing list and de-RSE Mattermost channel,
- Helmholtz Open Science Pro Mailinglist
- RSE mailing lists of the HiRSE partners (if any).