22nd HiRSE Seminar
On November 29, 2023, 11am, Toby Hodges, Director of Curriculum at The Carpentries will continue the HiRSE Seminar with his talk on Enabling Open and Reproducible Science Through Community-Driven Training.
Abstract: The Carpentries is a global community teaching essential software and data skills for research. Our community of certified Instructors teaches hundreds of workshops to thousands of learners all over the world every year, introducing them to foundational skills in Research Software Engineering such as programming and version control. In recent years, the community has also begun to develop and deliver lessons that build on these foundations, teaching more intermediate and advanced RSEng skills such as HPC, parallel programming, and containerised computing. In this seminar I will talk about how The Carpentries can benefit RSEs and their local communities, and some of the ways in which you can get involved in the community.
The talk will be held online. The connection details will be posted here:
- HiRSE_PS-internal HiRSE Mattermost channel,
- HIFIS Mattermost channel,
- Helmholtz Open Science Mattermost Channel
- FZJ-internal #rse Rocket.Chat channel,
- de-RSE mailing list and de-RSE Mattermost channel,
- Helmholtz Open Science Pro Mailinglist
- RSE mailing lists of the HiRSE partners (if any).